Friday, December 6, 2013

Beautiful December Morning

“The greatest glory in living
lies not in never falling,
but in rising every time we fall.” 
― Nelson Mandela


The sky was so beautiful this morning, the light so delicate, the colors so pure. 


It was hard to believe that it was a December morning.


The bare branches say it's winter but the plants on the porch, once indoor plants in Boston, now live happily outside.


A collection of sand dollars dry in the sun.


And other sea treasures found at the beach yesterday wait to be turned into something, perhaps some sort of holiday decoration.


This is a very different December than I am accustomed to but it is certainly one I can live with. Hoping you are enjoying your December in all of its glories where ever you are.

11 comments:

  1. thank you sally for your latest note. this monday thing is keeping me excited but nervous too.
    i have to remember all the good things. i hope your weekend is going well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will be keeping you in my thoughts on Monday dear coco….best of luck!

      Delete
  2. I remember Christmas at the beach. Each different, each beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lovely that you have brought the beach into your home space. I could definitely go for some warm weather here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the warm weather is not so bad but then it is hard to remember it's the holiday season….lol

      Delete
  4. wow, pretty! and those beach treasures, so beautiful.
    have a wonderful month, whereever you are...

    xx.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How beautiful! You enjoy both winter and summer atmosphere. Especially the fifth photo is very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tomoko, thanks for stoping by, I am impressed with your piano playing. It sounds like the perfect thing to be doing right now!

      Delete
  6. such a different season you have down there ;) we are getting wet snow today- nothing to miss!

    Such a wonderful sky Sally! Enjoy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know :0) Kristen sooo different! I heard it is snowing for real up there today….I do miss the beauty of it….enjoy!

      Delete