Saturday, August 3, 2013

Paris



Day 2


On my second day in Paris I enjoyed being a total tourist.



I started off my day with a visit to this elegant pâtisserie,


where one finds, I am told, the best macaroons in Paris.


A few of these jewel like confections in every imaginable flavor made for a perfect little treat for later in the day.


Lunch time in the Tuileries was happily busy & crowded. It can be hard to find an empty chair but the wait is worth it for a typical Parisian picnic in the park.


After a visit to the Jeu De Paume & the Musée de l' Oranerie, which proved to be both beautiful & a cool respite from the heat.....


......I found that the crowds had dispersed & that there were chairs to be had to wile away the afternoon.


I made my way to Le Marais & bought a falafel here where they most certainly have the best of its kind in Paris.



I walked to la Place des Vosges where, although I am a big fan of the iPad, I was surprised to see this. Large screens are place in front of buildings, which are under renovation & advertisers pay large sums to put their mark on the exterior. I guess I would have to say at least that it was discreetly done with the photo of the building underneath.



I ate my falafel in the park, my second picnic of the day. There was a lovely & lively atmosphere. It seems everyone comes out in the early evening, children playing, tourists & residents alike sitting on benches or lounging in the grass.


When I am alone, I rather prefer to eat this way, although there are many lovely little bistros & restaurants to choose from.


I did treat myself to some of the most delicious handmade sorbet I have ever tasted, which was delightfully refreshing.


Afterwards, I simply wandered the streets marveling at the beauty of this magnificent city.


I passed some of the grand monuments as the light was fading & the sun setting.


It was another beautiful day in Paris.

1 comment:

  1. Sally, I've been away from the blog for a few days so I missed your beautiful posts. Gorgeous. Feel like I'm there with you and I envy you that you are alone in this gorgeous city. I wonder about eating a meal alone. Would I meet people? Would I be lonely?

    ReplyDelete