Tuesday, May 21, 2013

On the Patio

At least one part of getting our condo ready for sale has been pure joy. That is taking care of the patio, which is a job I enjoy every year. Tending & watching my plants & flowers grow is a peaceful, meditative process.


I love to plant different combinations of plants in a pot, creating a living tableau of colors & textures.


Even on a cloudy day like today the patio offers a pleasant respite.



I plant annuals every year at this time but I am also always happily surprised by the reappearance of perennials, like the pink columbine ....


....& the giant Monk's rhubarb that never fail to appear.


The blueberry bush gets bigger every year. The flowers need the help of bees to produce fruit though.


Today I saw this large jewel like rain drop that had collected on a lupin leaf.



It's beauty had a sad quality to me. It reminded me of a tear drop. Perhaps that is because today my thoughts have been with the people of Oklahoma who have lost so much.



6 comments:

  1. your flower pots are so charming with various color. it must give good positive energy!
    i love spending time in the patio, i could sit there all day with cup of coffee and magazine. i am glad that you are enjoying your gardenhood.
    thanks for your comment of the lady in blue on my recent post. as i couldn't resist, i told her "how beautiful"she looked, she was very surprised and smiled. i believe in telling good positive things to people. it makes one grow in a positive direction.
    enjoy the week sally!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your plants are works of art, just like your photographs and your paintings. Gorgeous colors and textures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,Sally,
    I really get to know from your post about how you love flowers. They are so charming and artistic!
    Tomoko

    ReplyDelete
  4. It must be so pleasant to sit in your patio and enjoy all these beautiful plants... I would like that :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Appreciating the time and energy you put into your
    site and in depth information you present. It's awesome to come across a blog every once in a while that isn't the
    same out of date rehashed information. Great read! I've bookmarked your site and I'm adding your RSS feeds to my
    Google account.

    my web page: more info

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a green thumb you have ! your rhubarb is doing great I see, any pie planned in a near future ? :)

    ReplyDelete