Saturday, December 8, 2012

T'is the Season in Charleston



Even though the semi-tropical climate in Charleston belies the notion of a white Christmas, there is no shortage of festive decoration.



In spite of the palm trees & the ever present pastel colored bicycles, lamp posts are still traditionally adorned for the holiday season....


.... as is the free trolly ....


....& in many cases every window, door & balcony.


Here are just a few photos of some of the pretty decorations I saw today.








Hope you are having a wonderful weekend & perhaps getting into the holiday spirit!

2 comments:

  1. I love the colors of the buildings. The Christmas decorations are fun too. I started a France meme on Monday. I'd love it if you'd play along. Here’s my Dreaming of France meme

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh that looks indeed very unusual to a European like me… thank you and have beautiful holidays! warm greetings from quite cold Paris (about 0° celsius)

    ReplyDelete