Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Sunday at St. Antonin Market

I rode my bike into St. Antonin on Sunday morning for the market. It was a beautiful day, sunny but not too hot.


The market is still a bit quiet as the season has not fully gotten started.


There are cherries, strawberries, asparagus & peas as wells as bunches of fresh garlic & onions.


This gentleman sells the most beautiful lettuces. Looking a bit gruff here, he flashed a lovely big smile just after I snapped the photo. He is very kind & proud of his luscious "salades".



This year, there seem to be more stalls with hats, baskets, clothing, jewelry & trinkets of all kinds.


I bought a kilo of petits pois which I enjoyed shelling in the afternoon once I got home.


I hope all of you are enjoying your summers & all of the bounty that summer produces.

5 comments:

  1. Hi,Sally
    Wow,it is a beautiful market with fresh vegetables,
    fruits and nice man! I really like the atmosphere in your photos.
    RedRose

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure why we can't have beautiful markets like this here in the U.S. Maybe that would make me not long for France so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful town and great bike ride. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sally - I'm so glad to catch up on your posts from France. Your photos (even without your happy words) show that you are having the best time! The roses look incredible this year. And I am always struck by the beauty of the old buildings. Thank you for sharing it all with us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. how beautiful ! I wish your photos are bigger ;)

    ReplyDelete