Sunday, May 16, 2010

Grandparents Day

Friday was Grandparents Day at our granddaughters elementary school. Sadly we failed to take a photo during our visit. There were too many classes , lessons & assemblies to stop for photos. It was a fun filled time spent with our granddaughter & her class mates as well as all the other grandparents. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. But one thing is for sure, these grandparents were pretty exhausted at the end of their busy school day.
Luckily we did get one quick snapshot with all three "grand" kids after school, when we returned home. This lovely day gave me pause, to think about the role of grandparents on their grandchildren's lives. I know that my Nanny certainly impacted mine.

Here I am with my Nanny, three generations of women, mothers & sisters & daughters & me the granddaughter in the middle.
Below is a more recent multi generational photo with my mom now the great grandmother.


In thinking about grandparent's effect on their grandchildren's lives, I rather like this quote by Alex Haley:

"Nobody can do for little children what grandparents do. Grandparents sort of sprinkle stardust over the lives of little children."

I hope we sprinkled a little star dust that day. I know that we definitely received a lot of sunshine !

5 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, I love the three generation photo! what a beautiful cherished memory. grandkids..what sweet joy they bring! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How nice showing the three generations. Grandparents are very special. I love the stardust quote!
    I got an award for you to collect over at my place =) if you like that sort of game that is.
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this post. Those are the cutest kids I have ever seen! So glad you had a fun day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, It's so much fun to be a grandparent and hopefully that rubs off so that it's then fun to be a grandchild. Great pics. Have to agree with mom o 3 thems some cute kids.

    ReplyDelete